I am the proud daughter of boxing legend Muhammad Ali’s greatest fan, who also serves as his unofficial Facebook historian. Since I was raised on black-and-white clips of Ali’s greatest moments, seeing the 70-year-old humanitarian in a new Louis Vuitton ad was a treat worth writing about.
Here are the deets:
- The GOAT is the newest campaign figure for the luxury brand’s Core Values campaign. Bono, Mikhail Gorbachev, and several other influential icons have been featured in past ad campaigns.
- Annie Leibovitz, a photographer and Vuitton veteran, was responsible for the photograph of the heavyweight boxing champion and one of his grandsons. It was shot in Ali’s home in Arizona.
- The Louis Vuitton travel bag next to Ali is the “Keepall” which is valued for $1,525.
- The campaign features the text “Some stars show you the way” which will appear on different campaign mediums including billboards and magazine ads.
- The handsome fella in the boxing gloves in Ali’s grandson, Curtis. Ali specifically requested him for the photo shoot according to the Wall Street Journal.
- The ad campaign officially begins on June 14.
Evette Dionne, everythingYNTK for VIBEVixen.com
Evette Dionne on tumblr