“It is a big day for Kerry being a nominee for Best Actress in a Drama Series, and we both wanted to make this look a memorable one,” says celebrity hairstylist Marcus Francis. “Her Marchesa dress has a soft elegance to it that subtly commands one to double take. Kerry and I agreed that we wanted the overall look to be ‘classic simplicity’ with bouncy, shiny waves.”
Marcus Francis provided the following steps to get Kerry’s hair:
- Marcus started with Leonor Greyl Masque Quintessence and left it on for 15 minutes to help promote shine as a part of the foundation.
- Next he cleansed the scalp and hair with Shampooing Reviviscence.
- On towel-dried hair, he then sprayed Leonor Greyl Condition Naturelle from roots to ends. This helped to protect her hair from heat while giving volume throughout.
- Then, he combed through to help distribute and applied a large amount of Mousse au Lotus Volumatrice to the ends for added bounce and lasting texture.
- Next Marcus blow-dried Kerry’s hair with a medium size round brush working around an off center part. He set a large velcro roller at the crown to give that natural lift and height.
- Taking 2 inch sections of Kerry’s hair, Marcus lightly sprayed Leonor Greyl Voluforme on each piece before wrapping it around 1 1/4″ curling iron from roots to ends. He then pinned each section vertically throughout to promote lasting volume at the ends.
- Next he wrapped the hair away from the face on each side, and alternated directions in the back.
- After 10 minutes, Marcus unpinned all of the sections and brushed out her hair (with a paddle brush like by Mason Pearson) to soften the curls into more of a natural wave shape.
- Then, he used a quarter size of Leonor Greyl Éclat Naturel styling cream to seal the ends and smooth out any unwanted frizz.
- Lastly, Marcus gave a final spritz of Spray Structure Naturelle for superior hold.
Leonor Greyl products are available at leonorgreyl-usa.com.