The models hair had a lived-in, windblown look as strands were half-braided, and in partial textured up do’s. Beauty stylists Tracy Guthrie, Elly Torres, Charles Anderson, and Sarah Dahl, used Redken’s Fashion Work 12 hairspray, Powder Grip 0, andGuts 10 Volume Spray Foam to hold and maintain the look. “Every girl wants an up do that they can do themselves,” said Rodney Cutler, lead hair stylist for Ulta.
How To Get The Look:
1. Blow out the hair straight using Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam and then tease sections from the root to achieve volume with Redken Powder Grip 0.
2. Braid the lower quarter of the hair at the nape of the neck.
3. Wrap the braid into a small, low bun spraying with Redken Fashion Work 12 and fasten to act as the foundation of the side twist.
4. Part hair to either side.
5. Gently pull back hair from opposite side of the part and twist inward securing to the scalp with French pins.
6. Fasten the twist onto the braid leaving stray pieces near the front of the face for the finished look.