- Know how to put on a condom. It sounds silly, but you wouldn’t believe how many friends I know that have ended up having unprotected sex because they fell for some fool’s okie doke line about not knowing how to put one on. There are too many diseases out there. Learn how to do it and learn quickly.
- Know how to keep a clean house. No one wants to be around a dirty woman. Like my granny says, if a woman’s house ain’t clean, neither is her…
- Know how to pump gas, change a tire and read a map. No deep reason for this. It’s just so when you’re ready to pick up and go, you can with no worries.
- Know how to manage your time and multitask. You’ll be amazed at how much you can accomplish.
- Know when to say no. I know I just said you should know how to multitask, but multitasking doesn’t mean that you have to do EVERYTHING for EVERYBODY, ALL THE TIME. It’s okay to say no sometimes and anyone who truly cares about you will understand.
- Know your religion or spiritual base. Understand that there is something bigger than you out there and get in touch with it. It will keep you grounded and lead you in the right and positive direction.
- Know the world outside of your neighborhood/city/state/country. The world is a big place, get to know it. Make sure you travel far and travel often. Take the time to learn about other cultures and gain a broader sense of the global community. The experiences you have abroad can change you in ways you wouldn’t even imagine.
- Know who your true friends are. Not everyone in your life deserves to be there. Take inventory of who is truly looking out for your best interests and cut loose any dead weight. Life is too short to be weighed down by people who don’t wish you well.
Did I miss anything? What’s on your ‘must know’ list?