According to the report, Whitney complained of a sore throat shortly before deciding to take a bath before that evening’s Grammy party. The singer was later found face-down in “extremely hot water” with a scald burn located on her back.
The report also states that investigators found several substances in Whitney’s hotel room, including a spoon containing a “white crystal like substance,” a “white powdery substance” on the bathroom counter, traces of the same substance on a portable mirror, an open bottle of champagne, and prescription bottles.
Kristy McCracken of the Beverly Hills Police Department wrote in her final report that Whitney “possibly overdosed on a narcotic substance, prescription medications, over the counter medications and alcohol.”
Toxicology testing detected cocaine, Benadril, Flexeril, marijuana, Xanax, cocaethylene and benzoylecgonin.
Dr. Christopher Rogers, chief of the coroner’s Forensic Medicine Division, and chief medical examiner-coroner Lakshmanan Sathyavagiswaran also detected emphysema, pulmonary edema and leiomyomas (benign tumors) in her uterus.