Here are five tips for incorporating polka dots in your wardrobe:
- If you work in an office setting and have to keep a more traditional appearance, choose classic colors like black, white and navy.
- Want an edgier look? Try the trend in abstract colors such as pink or purple. Even go so far as adding another texture to play it up.
- Smaller dots are perfect for dressier styles, but be sure to mix it up and wear two different size dots to avoid becoming overwhelming.
- If polka dots remind you too much of your childhood, pair it with a blazer to give the youthful trend a more mature look.
- Don’t be afraid to add solid color accessories like a black belt. It breaks up the busy pattern and bonus: the eyes are now drawn to your tiny waist.
How would you rock the polka dot trend? Subtle details or dots all the way?
- Krystal Franklin